When a wedding falls on a Holiday... what is the best thing to do? We love to see a bit of "holiday" added into the wedding. And you can do this tastefully!! Here are a few examples of beautiful additions for an Easter Wedding.
I have also done many Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years Weddings. I have had some brides that have gone ALL OUT! Now that can be fun!!
However, most of our brides have decided to keep it tasteful. And it is totally do-able! Here are a few other ideas for you (if your wedding happens to fall near a holiday.)
HALLOWEEN & THANKSGIVING:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! NEVER HURTS TO ADD IN PINE CONES, HOT CHOCOLATE, GARLAND...
HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!! GRAB THE CHAMPAGNE, GOLD, CONFETTI, & CLOCKS!!
We sure are excited to see what our 2015 brides will do with their Holiday Weddings!!
Until next time!!
Yes, a traditional wedding cake is a beautiful options for your wedding dessert! BUT.... there is also so many more other options. Check it out!
A CAKE POP BAR / CUPCAKE BAR
CHOCOLATE BAR / CANDY BAR
PETITE DESSERTS BAR
SO SO many options!!! How do you even pick?!
1. Tell your parents
2. Make some calls (BEFORE you jump on facebook)
3. Get a manicure ... after all you have that beautiful ring to show off...
4. Insure that rock! This is very important... Check out what the knot has to say about this... https://www.theknot.com/content/engagement-ring-insurance-101
5. Pick a month & make a guest list (before venue shopping!) Its much easier to book with a venue when you have a bit of direction.
6. Set a budget (and start saving)!!!
7. Go venue shopping and set that exact date!
8. Now relax!! After all... this is one of the most exciting times in your life :) So enjoy yourselves!!
Traditionally, the Groom is not supposed to see the Bride until she is walking down the aisle to the alter. Way back when, there was a real reason behind this! When a match was made (blindly… almost like a blind date, but for life!) the fear was, if the groom saw the bride early on, he would run.
I come from a traditional family. So, I will follow a lot of the wedding traditions. I always thought I, personally, would never see my groom before I walk down that aisle. However, now that I know the reasoning behind that tradition, I feel a bit better about breaking it!
Now, don’t get me wrong, there is nothing bad about choosing the traditional rout! I have many brides that choose to do it this way! But, just think of the perks to doing a First Glance.
For me, a big perk would be getting just a bit of those butterflies out. I know he would help to calm my nerves. (I see this a lot in many of my Brides!)
Another nice thing about doing a first glance is getting ALL THOSE pictures done! Out of the way! So, after ceremony, you can walk right into your cocktail hour and actually ENJOY all those guests that you have invited to be there to celebrate with YOU!!
Plus, there is a LOT more than goes into a marriage besides LUCK.... or so I've been told ;) So, I think its safe to say, it is not bad luck to do a first glance.
Just some food for thought! What do you think? What are your reasonings behind doing a first glance or not? I’d love to hear them!
So you just had THE. BEST. WEDDING. EVER!! And you want to see pictures… like ASAP! Our professional photographer friends may take a little bit to perfect their work. (As they should!) so the next best thing? INSTAGRAM!!
How to Instagram? Its easy & free!
1. Download instagram.
2. Pick out a Hashtag so all of your pics are easily found.
3. Make a sign to sit on the bar, guest book table, etc. so all of your guests can participate! (you can also print up little cards to put around for easy access)
PS I am NOT saying replace your photographer with Instagram! Sorry ;) There is nothing like a professional picture of you and your new husband!
What will your #WeddingHastag be? Have you seen any super creative ones? Please share!!
1. Lori grew up on the property with her three sisters. In high school, they loved to have bonfires in the Manor field.
2. Lori has been married 27 years to her husband, Steve. They got married at our ceremony site, Sunset Watch!
3. She has THREE boys! Wes, Bryan, and David. Wes and Bryan have both worked for Celebrations. David just graduated High School!
4. She is a true animal lover. She once saved two litters of puppies from the shelter! She drove away with a total of nine puppies! She has a few furry children of her own as well. They love to swim and play in the reservoir.
5. Steve and Lori have been restaurant owners as well. They owned the Jewish Mother in Williamsburg.
Until next time!!
1. Michelle has been married to her husband, David, for almost three years. They have been together for a total of six!!
2. She is a Mommy of THREE!! Her oldest daughter, Madison, is four years old. Her twins, Cooper & Makenna, are two! Can you tell she stays busy?!
3. She is a certified Wedding Planner. She is also a student pursuing a Bachelors in Hospitality Management. Go Michelle!!
4. She loves designing & decorating. She has a passion for Event Planning. (And it's obvious!!)
5. She says her favorite thing is to be on the go with her family. They are always doing exciting & fun new things together!
My fun fact about Michelle: I met Michelle at one of my weddings. Her adorable oldest daughter was the flower girl. We started talking and she shared with me her passion for the wedding industry. I was SO excited when she contacted me that next week. She joined our team and QUICKLY learned the ropes around here. I can always count on Michelle to keep our brides happy. She sure can run a GREAT event!!
Who will be on the blog next? Check in next week to find out!! Have a wonderful weekend :)
1. Christina has two little sisters. Megan lives in Pooler, GA and is married to a wonderful man who is in the Military. Nicole lives in New York, NY and is an operating room nurse at the NYU Hospital.
2. Christina met all of her very best friends while pledging Delta Zeta at Longwood University. She was studying to be a Teacher (Kindergarten!) Wedding Planning fell into her lap after graduating and she could not see herself doing ANYTHING else!!
3. She lived in the Outer Banks of North Carolina one summer with her sorority sisters and worked as a Brew Thru girl!
4. Her Best Friend is blonde, brown eyed … and has four legs! Meet sweet girl Hadley! She goes everywhere with Christina. You can often find her swimming in our beautiful Swift Creek Reservoir or playing ball in the field.
5. She met her boyfriend, Andrew, at Celebrations! They are now remodeling a house and are very excited to move in soon (right down the road from Celebrations!!) You can now find them picking out paint colors, light fixtures, and much much more as their Friday night activity ;)
Stay tuned! You will be meeting another staff member soon!
My sister got married back in August. Being a wedding planner myself, I was so worried I would get caught up in picking out the little mishaps and forget to enjoy myself. But boy was I wrong! Her day was MAGICAL (and perfect if I do say so myself!!)
We had recently lost our grandmother a few months earlier. It’s always hard to lose a loved one, but it seems even harder when you have such a big day of celebration ahead. I knew she would be there in spirit, but I wanted to do something special (especially for my Mother). My only thought was, I don’t want whatever we decide to do to upset anyone since it was still so new. So, we went for subtle.
My sister’s wedding was covered in ivory roses (YES! BREATHTAKINGLY GORGEOUS!!) So, we had the florist bring one single rose to the bridal suite before ceremony. I had printed on gold paper “We know you would be here today if Heaven weren't so far away. In loving memory of Murphy” (Murphy was her nickname, she was a hoot!) We then attached it with a ribbon to the rose. It was just perfect.
My sister walked down the aisle. Just as she was about to get to her handsome groom, she stopped, handed the flower to my Mom, and gave her a big hug. (We had kept this a secret so my Mom sure was surprised!) This was simple, yet perfect for our family. My Mom has since dried the rose and it lays on her vanity. I think it was the perfect fit for our situation.
What is the best way for you to remember those lost loved ones on your wedding day? Here are a few ideas…